Hedgehogs

We almost passed them up. We were finding little patches of chanterelles here and there and lots of junk mushrooms with similar color to the hogs. I wasn't expecting to see the teeth when I looked at one and was all smiles when I discovered them. They seem to like similar ground as the chanterelles, but are few and far between. The other oak where we found them last year had buttons, but not the hemlocks. Now if I can find a way to prepare them that suits them. I'm sure that trumpets and chanterelles fried in butter with apples and sweet onions and flambeed with Jim beam is perfect. I'm thinking maybe trying shallots and cognac with the sweet tooths. Maybe garlic , jalapeños and tequila. All I know for sure is that we prefer them with the teeth removed.

Good luck with your hunting Luigi.

We almost passed them up. We were finding little patches of chanterelles here and there and lots of junk mushrooms with similar color to the hogs. I wasn't expecting to see the teeth when I looked at one and was all smiles when I discovered them. They seem to like similar ground as the chanterelles, but are few and far between. The other oak where we found them last year had buttons, but not the hemlocks. Now if I can find a way to prepare them that suits them. I'm sure that trumpets and chanterelles fried in butter with apples and sweet onions and flambeed with Jim beam is perfect. I'm thinking maybe trying shallots and cognac with the sweet tooths. Maybe garlic , jalapeños and tequila. All I know for sure is that we prefer them with the teeth removed.

Good luck with your hunting Luigi.

Thank you, and to you, too!