Which Agaricus?

jmw

Found in Bermuda Grass in Eastern NC. When I cut the stem it turned a light but not bright yellow. Flesh however does not bruise to any particular color. Found with one other smaller specimen that was broken. This one seems to have broken a little as well. Spore print was very dark. Would not really call the color dark chocolate. Almost charcoal in color on spore print. Could not get a decent photo of the spore print. Threw it away due to the yellowing of the stem. Was not taking the chance it was a sickener.

post-488-0-46830800-1373297854_thumb.jpg

post-488-0-68703600-1373297886_thumb.jpg

This one looks to be a bit mature to get a good read on the characteristics. Gills appear to be darkening without having gone through a pink stage, but I don't feel very certain of this. Agaricus arvensis types (Horse Mushrooms) have gills that go from light grayish to brownish and then become very dark, without a truly pink stage. A. arvensis types may also exhibit some yellow staining, but not on the flesh inside the stem base. If A. arvensis is found at a stage prior to the partial veil breaking, the veil shows a distinctive "cogwheel" pattern.

Yeah I knew it was a long shot. Honestly do not see many white capped mushrooms here that have gills any color other than white. So I thought it was worth a shot. Thank you for the ideas Dave.