Hello All

jmw

My name is Jon and I am from coastal North Carolina. I am a chef and as a hobby I have enjoyed foraging for a few years but always avioded mushrooms as I knew nothing about them (other than cultivated ones). So I am slowly beginning to learn. Will likely ask more questions than offer answers as I am pretty new to this.

A lot of people forage for mushrooms in NC in the Mountains and Peidmont of the state but there is very little I can find about the coast. The terrain here, Flora, earth, and even weather differ a lot from Appalachia so I am interested in finding out what grows on the coast.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Welcome to the site, Jon. I am a former sous chef and still take mushrooms to my old boss to use in his restaurant. Last year I took him some nice chanterelles to him and he had his crew make me some nice escargot.