Noob Question.

New and trying to collect, Identify, and study mushrooms on my own for fun, not for eating.

I have some concern about studying the more poisonous mushrooms. How dangerous is it to handle species like Amanita or bring them into the study room?

There are no young people around, wear gloves while collecting and studying them, collect and transport them in a ziploc, and wash my hands and surfaces after the fact. 

Somewhere I read that one has to ingest the fruit to get sick and that the spores don't really create a danger so I am just trying to be careful when I do handle them for spore printing etc.

What advice do you more experienced mushroom hunters have for a noob on studying the more sinister of the mushroom species?

Thank you.

I never heard about mushroom poisoning through skin contact or spore inhalation. Just use common sense like washing hands and not handling mushroom next to the food or children or dogs. Gloves or bags are not really necessary unless you collect edible mushrooms at the same time

13 hours ago, svs said:

I never heard about mushroom poisoning through skin contact or spore inhalation. Just use common sense like washing hands and not handling mushroom next to the food or children or dogs. Gloves or bags are not really necessary unless you collect edible mushrooms at the same time

Thank you SVS,

I am quite new and wanted to be sure to ask instead of risking mistakes. :D