That look

SGH0075

Hello everyone. Man this is awesome! I am from Louisiana and have been eating chanterelles all my life. My dad loved them! It's really cool just knowing that there are a few people around that wouldn't give me that look when I talk about it. I maybe wrong but it looks like it's going to be a great season for chanterelles. I have already stored 30+lbs in the past 2 weeks. Does anyone know where to sell any? I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.... It's just that it would be nice to make a few dollars doing something I so dearly enjoy! Any info at all would be greatly appreciated! Happy Hunting .Sghendry68@gmail.com

Welcome to the forum   Great folks here. 

Im in Lafayette area. I’ve thought about looking into selling chantys but never really really went further than that. Maybe try some farmers markets or local restaurants.  It sure of any laws or permits though. Might wanna look into that as well 

Thanks man. That's as far as I've gone as well. People sure do like to turn their nose up at things they aren't familiar with. I can already see there are good people here. I live about 20 miles north of Hammond. I'm 43 and I can't ever remember a time in my life seeing so many. Ive found about 5lbs on the side of the road. Never killed the truck.

Yeah I’ve had sort of the same response from some folks. I just share my pickens with folks who appreciate wild edibles. Not worth the hassle. 

We sure do have an abundance of chantys here in the south. I guess that it’s to make up for the morels we don’t get here lol.  Usually by this time of the year my freezer is full and I’m giving bags away. Lots going on in the family so limited time in the field. No worry’s though ..... God willing I have many years to come traveling and picken the great outdoors 

You don’t hunt deer by any chance ? Another favorite topic of mine lol