Are these Chanterelles?

docjdy

New to this forum and first time posting. These are all over my woods in the mountains of North Georgia. They are popping up through the leaves and a couple are on some rotting wood.  They mostly look like this and some others in the same area are yellow opposed to orangish. 

Thanks for any help. 

FC14274B-546C-420E-ACAC-AB2C5276405F.jpeg

2521184A-8E05-433B-AE42-F741D494FB53.jpeg

9E65117C-8D6E-42BE-9EEF-03ACD3FF1E92.jpeg

BE7E23A5-2E27-4FDB-9055-32A17FC93201.jpeg

Cantharellus lateritius, the smooth chanterelle. They are very common here in SW PA & a popular edible but frequently are infested with holes from insect larva. Chanterelles are listed as mycorrhizals with trees meaning they share and or take nutrients or water from each other. Maybe just growing thru rotting wood from the soil . I guess the color is variable. You have to thoroughly  cook wild mushrooms to consume them.    The CajunShroomer has a post in the general mushroom discussion and the way he cooks them! I love Louisiana style cooking.

I agree these are likely Cantharellus lateritius. But, the clustered growth habit does bring to mind two other species. C. confluens   https://www.mushroomexpert.com/cantharellus_confluens.html   and Craterellus oderatus  https://mushroomobserver.org/observer/index_observation?q=sVr8 . The former is very similar to C. lateritius, possibly just a variety of lateritius. 

I don't think these are Craterellus oderatus; the well-developed undersides point away from this species.