Boletus hortonii?

Found a couple of these boletes today out hiking in the mountains of Western NC.  They have a light brown cap that is fissured.  The pores are yellow and non staining.  I don't see any noticeable scabers on the stem.  I'm still waiting on a spore print.  Best I can guess it is Boletus hortonii.  Any help is appreciated.

IMG_20190715_171323.jpg

IMG_20190715_171039.jpg

IMG_20190715_171006.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are a few species of Leccinum that feature wrinkled cap surface and Austroboletus gracilis occasionally has a pitted cap surface. But the reddish cap with deep tight wrinkles is a good indication that you have H. hortonii. 

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, bobby b said:

I think that's Leccinellum rugosiceps. Cut the flesh and pale yellow flesh stains pinkish then darkens towards blackish. 

Thanks bobby b I'll go back and see if I can find another and cut the flesh to confirm.

As seen if you read through this discussion, "hortonii" has been shuffled from genus Boletus to Xerocomus to Hemileccinum. But this latest photo --posted by Jim_B is not this species. I agree this one is probably a species of Leccinum, but I don't think L. rugosiceps, which should have a yellowish cap. I think Jim's is L. quercophilum   https://www.mycoquebec.org/bas.php?trie=L&l=l&nom=Leccinum quercophilum / Bolet des chênaies&tag=Leccinum quercophilum&gro=5  Whatever it is, the scabers on the stalk are formed into a reticulate pattern, unusual in my experience.  

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

As seen if you read through this discussion, "hortonii" has been shuffled from genus Boletus to Xerocomus to Hemileccinum. But this latest photo --posted by Jim_B is not this species. I agree this one is probably a species of Leccinum, but I don't think L. rugosiceps, which should have a yellowish cap. I think Jim's is L. quercophilum   https://www.mycoquebec.org/bas.php?trie=L&l=l&nom=Leccinum quercophilum / Bolet des chênaies&tag=Leccinum quercophilum&gro=5  Whatever it is, the scabers on the stalk are formed into a reticulate pattern, unusual in my experience.  

Thanks Dave, I was more interested at the time to get a nice photo of this specimen, in hindsight I should've photographed more views including a cutaway view and included location and habitat (Ohio, under large oak trees). Again, I appreciate the help. Didn't know it can get this confusing.