Mushroom ID- Edible or poisonous?

Sandra

Hi!

I’m new to collecting mushrooms and need help identifying these. I’ve read that mushrooms with dark spots on the top can be poisonous, but these mushrooms also look like a couple of the edible types... Can y’all please help me determine if the mushrooms in my yard are edible or poisonous?

Thank you!

Info: We live just North of Atlanta, GA. These are in our backyard and are growing in red clay. They are under a large dogwood tree and are in the side of the yard that our dogs play in. 

0FE6D8EB-1365-4F44-9871-89CB40268556.jpeg

C3B72613-1C14-4442-8C88-E02E0CF9BFAF.jpeg

There are no shortcuts to determining edibility/toxicity of fungi. You either know what it is, or you don't. 

These are interesting... Clustered growth near tree roots suggests Armillaria tabescens, but the shapes of the caps, and the gills seen on the small one in the first photo, don't look like this species to me. Perhaps recent weather conditions have caused these to not develop normally? Spore print color may help, although I'm guessing these have white print, in which case I would still not have a confident ID proposal. 

Wild mushrooms of an unknown identity growing in an area where small children or pets stay should be removed and discarded. I don't think these are poisonous, but if they are then they pose a threat to your dogs.  Dogs have been known to eat toxic mushrooms.