Question about Milkies & Latex Allergy

A brief search on Google indicates that the latex consists primarily of what is called poly cis-isoprene in Lactarius mushrooms and cis-polyisoprene in the rubber tree.  I assume that these are different names for the same compound.

Thank you so much.  I did a google search  but apparently did not ask the right question, and found only articles on rubber latex and on the milkies with no comparison  to the latex properties of both.

Thank heavens that there are so many other good tasting mushrooms that are safe!  🙂

I think latex allergy is not against latex itself but against residual proteins from the tree the same way as cat allergy is not against cat hair but against proteins from skin and saliva. Since mushroom and a tree are not close relatives cross allergy is not likely but not impossible