Boletus variipes var. fagicola ?

I found three examples of this bolete growing under beech, maple, hemlock mix. One youngun, one older and oldest! They all had the suede like brown cap with funny dash marks on them (insect deposits?) Also the white reticulation at top of stipe with brown below. Taste pleasant. Olive spore print. Bugs seem to love em... Would this be correct?

SAM_1955.jpg

SAM_1953.jpg

SAM_1954.jpg

SAM_1956.jpg

SAM_1957.jpg

SAM_1972.jpg

Photos #2 through #5 show what I would likely call "Boletus variipes". Not sure about the "var. fagicola". There's also a few other species names that may apply, but all of these hardwood-associating types qualify as King Boletes. 

Photo #1 may show the same species as #2-5, except I'm a wondering about what appears to be a yellow stipe. I would also consider Retiboletus ornatipes for this one. B. variipes types have white internal flesh, R. ornatipes has yellow flesh. 

Photo #6 looks like something different. I think these may be a species of Tylopilus. Did you taste them?

Photos 1, 4, 5 are the same young one. My camera might have been leaning towards those yellow hues. Photo 6 was taken indoors so colour may have changed. Wanted to show cross section of pores and stipe inside. Definitely no yellow interiors.  I tasted all three, pleasant mushroom taste.  Maturest one had dark yellowish pores. They were growing together within 2 feet under a beech.  I was thinkin fagicola var.  because of the darker cap colour?

2468B9BA-79D7-4FCC-B924-FF1A80A3FFBD.jpeg

Edited by shroomersue
Added photo

Honestly, I don't feel confident enough to determine variipes vs. variipes var. fagicola. But these are what I would classify as "variipes". 

6th photo is good example of how an indoor photo can provide misleading visual info.