Mushroom Sp

eneg

• eneg changed the title to Mushroom Sp

Whatever else you do, do not eat it as there is a decent chance it would kill you.

This appears to be a member of the amanita genus which counts among its members some of the deadliest of mushrooms. I'm not very good and nailing down individual species of amanita (although I think I know what this is) so Im not going to post a guess. There are a small number of amanitas which are edible but you dont want to be making that determination based on information someone gives you on the internet.

Definitely a species of genus Amanita. This could be Amanita calyptroderma, a west coast species that is collected as an edible.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_calyptroderma   But, I agree with Duffernin Shroomer that it is not advisable to deem a mushroom edible based upon an internet discussion, especially when the mushroom represents a species from a dangerous genus such as Amanita. 

To learn such distinctions --ie. edible vs. deadly amanitas-- it is recommended that you consult someone who has a very good grasp of your local mushroom types. There's a great mushroom club in NW WA State, http://www.psms.org/index.php .