Psathyrella #2

bobby b

This one seems like a Psathyrella.  Couple dozen growing at the base of a dead Elm.  Heavy purplish brown spore print.  Smooth tan slightly lined caps with a few flecks that are dark brown with a bump at muturity.  A partial veil that looks comb like on the baby mushroom.  No ring on the stem.  On mushroomexpert "P. incerta" seems the closest match.  Kuo says that one mycologist listed over 400 Psathyrellas for NA.  He has descriptions of 8.  I'm pretty sure these photos are a examples of the same species.    Psathyrella?  incerta??

20190514_130928.jpg

20190514_130642.jpg

20190514_130843.jpg

20190514_130735.jpg

20190514_143957_001.jpg

20190514_143933_001.jpg

20190515_104621.jpg

Definitely more challenging than Pstahyrella #1. P. incerta looks like a possibility. Another species to check is P. piluliformis... although this is reported to be a late summer/fall species. 

There's a boatload of different Psathyrella species. A few are fairly easy to ID, but most require microscopic analysis. 

Thanks Dave. I'm workin' on Psathyrella #3. A white cap thats a splitter. Waiting to see the spore print. 

Thanks Dave, On mycoquebec I see P. piluliformis. I'll have to read thru it. They have a great site.