Permethrin

It's another normal year for ticks. Already had to remove 3 attached ticks. I have a prescription that my doctors says to take every time they have attached. He used to say, "only take it if they showed signs of engorgement." Two weeks ago I treated my coveralls, jeans, socks and shoes with permethrin. It worked for 2 weeks. But it's supposed to last for 6 weeks or 5 washings. The spray bottle cost $14 for 22.5 oz. Anybody know of a more economical purchase or have had different results?

20190509_092445.jpg

Tractor supply sells a permethrin concentrate. It’s got recipes/ratios for dif stuff. 

Ive treated my clothes and it works. Never had one on a dog since I started using it also. 

For 10-20 dollars depending on bottle size it’ll last years or a lot of years. The 10 dollar bottle I bought two years ago is still mostly full. I run dogs up to 5x week. Spray my turkey hunt clothes. Any pants or whatever I’d use tomo for mushrooms, etc. When I don’t use it, the ticks are all over me

Think it’s made by Gordon. In horse section

• 3 weeks later...

I buy Martin’s 10% concentrate and dilute to 0.5%.

Watched a comparison study on youtube where permethrin (0.5%) effect was compared to cypermethrin (0.25%). It showed that ticks fully recovered from crawling on permethrin surface after 24-hrs, none of 3 ticks died, while 2 out of 3 died after being exposed to cypermethrin. So I bought it and treated clothes, went to a tick-y spot, and quickly found 2 crawling on my pants.

Pants were treated with cypermethrin, shirt - permethrin...So I watched the 2 ticks crawling on my pants like nothing, straight up, no “drunk” effect, no jumping off...After they crawled for about a foot, I placed them on my shirt sleeve, where they instantly started going crazy, walking in circles, flipping themselves on their back etc...

So I will still be using permethrin it works better imho, even if it only stuns them.

71F60710-2979-4F21-B52D-EA0E532EFA6D.jpeg