ID Help

Tan colored, simple stem, attached gills, seem to have white spores, stem is stringy but also snaps very easy, hollow inside, cap has rubbery feel to it similar to Armillaria, found on the lawn, some trees around but I think they grew out of mulch, I may be wrong. Grow singly or in a clump. Smell and taste..ugh, not easy as I have a cold right now...I think it smells kinda like clay, taste is strong, I’d say rather unpleasant but not bitter. 

Please suggest even if you are not sure. Thanks!!!

E7D47FA2-8914-4D68-ABD3-E1223150B2B4.jpeg

FB75DD76-4CED-456A-86F7-53E4849D7175.jpeg

DDFAA23D-C05F-4209-AE21-3139D0C61B12.jpeg

4352C6E6-C3A9-4D44-82F9-EB33E7E5CF42.jpeg

3042D9AD-E228-46C4-9D67-DD56C5D83B0C.jpeg

8D61D443-9A64-45EE-AE1E-66F62138987E.jpeg

Interesting. Nothing specific comes to mind immediately. I'll check a few sources. In the meantime, a spore print color would be helpful. My guess is the print will be brown (although white would not be a big surprise). If brown, the maybe a species of Pholiota...?

I went back today (not my lawn), there is no mulch, I think mushrooms may possibly be mycorrhizal, the trees around are white pine and eastern hemlock. Spore print is super slow but I think I see some brown appearing. I always thought of Pholiotas as soft and marshmallow-like, is that wrong? these are quite firm like honeys.

Pholiota is a rather diverse genus. Not all types have soft marshmallowy flesh.

Given the time of year, I think these are a species of Agrocybe. A few types of Pholiota occasionally appear in spring, but mostly these are late summer/fall species. The rings on the stalks and the central hollow chamber in the one stalk support this ID proposal. I think they're Agrocybe. If correct, spore print is brown. 

Oh yeah, thanks Dave, spot on, looks like A. praecox or similar. Spore print is brown.

1C58F95F-F1D7-4BFF-8FDB-5D9E1467951F.jpeg