San Diego- Rust Colored Mushrooms

Myoscopy01

Found these interesting mushrooms while doing yard work. Maybe the ID will jump out at someone. I'm new to the forum. Thanks for looking:

Habitat:

San Diego, South facing under my bbq grill, found growing on a strip of wood. There has been a considerable amount of rain in San Diego the last couple of weeks.

Gills:

The gills are a brownish orange (Rust like color). The gills are not tightly compact.

Stem:

The stems are approx. 4 cm long and 0.5 cm wide. Has a cream color with orangeish brown (rust) tint.

Cap:

The cap is 5 cm wide with conical top. Color is rusty wish a sheen that appears to be blueish. 

Spore print color:

Unable to collect a spore print so far. Will update if I have any luck.

Bruising:

No discern-able bruising, 

Other information:

The mushrooms are dry to the touch and sturdy. The stem is solid and sturdy.

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG

I think either genus Gymnopilus or genus Pholiota. I'd lean toward Gymnopilus, based upon the orangish "ring zone" seen on the upper stipe in the first (top) photo. Gymnopilus species have rusty spore prints with color often more orange than brown. I think the orange tinge may be due to spores falling on the collapsed partial veil. Also, the cap surface (cuticle) breaking apart into patches/scales reminds me of G. luteofolius  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/gymnopilus_luteofolius.html  .

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

I think either genus Gymnopilus or genus Pholiota. I'd lean toward Gymnopilus, based upon the orangish "ring zone" seen on the upper stipe in the first (top) photo. Gymnopilus species have rusty spore prints with color often more orange than brown. I think the orange tinge may be due to spores falling on the collapsed partial veil. Also, the cap surface (cuticle) breaking apart into patches/scales reminds me of G. luteofolius  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/gymnopilus_luteofolius.html  .

Thanks Dave! Is the "lacquer" finish on the caps of a couple of these indicative of a particular species or is this more a result of conditions?  

Not sure what you mean by "lacquer"? But, I'm guessing maybe some of the caps are kinda shiny...? It's not unusual for the cap surface on a mushroom to develop a shiny appearance, especially if the mushroom dries out in-situ. 

I think these mushrooms may be Gymnopilus thiersii . Here's a similar observation --Santa Cruz, CA-- froma couple days ago   https://mushroomobserver.org/356154?q=fdPo  .

13 hours ago, Dave W said:

Not sure what you mean by "lacquer"? But, I'm guessing maybe some of the caps are kinda shiny...? It's not unusual for the cap surface on a mushroom to develop a shiny appearance, especially if the mushroom dries out in-situ. 

I think these mushrooms may be Gymnopilus thiersii . Here's a similar observation --Santa Cruz, CA-- froma couple days ago   https://mushroomobserver.org/356154?q=fdPo  .

Thanks again! I'm glad I got some photos. You are correct, I was referring to the shiny caps.