Morel Dogs

It depends where you are located, who you know, what type dog it is, etc. I guess too how bad someone wants one. Seems fairly easy to train and honestly the season is real limited. There’s no way to work em to keep them sharp off season which is prob 11 months. Not trying to discourage you but to me there’s very limited worth. 

There are oils that are inexpensive and easy to aquire that I will be using to train them. These will also be used in training for the off season. I plan on using a gap and an English Pointer this summer. Such dogs could easily become a dual purpose dog. I know a good she'd dog will sell for 6 grand easily. I'm just trying to gauge what I ought to ask for .

Holy cow!! Six grand and not even broke good for you buddy lol. You coulda heard my eyes pop when I saw that!! 

No disrespect to ya n I hope you’re not sensing that. Just an old dog guy that’s competed, judged, bred, trained n owned more than many. Guess I can’t imagine paying that kinda money for something that might run in front of a car the day after it was bought. God bless ya though

What’s a fully finished morel dog do? 

Crazy, a buddy of mine finished a dog FC, she was Illinois state champ, Montana sharptail wild bird champ, National horseback champ. He also has a name as well in the trial circuit. 

So his dog after all these accomplishments fell ill. They had to fix her to save her. She no loner competes but he asked I think 4 grand for her at less than 4 years old. She’s still at his place. In my mind and no disrespect again but that kinda bird dog is worth way more than any bone dog. Oh forgot to say she points w a head high stylish crank.  

Figures I’m asking a serious question. Actually laughed at what you said til I realized from your last sentence you were upset. You must have lots  insecurities. Sorry I hit on em.