Found these, please help me ID

Randy

I found these today on east coast Florida growing in pine needles in the woods. The woods are remote and undisturbed for the most part. Would like to know some more about them and if they are edible and what the effects of eating them would be. They are not giving a spore print on black or white paper so I'm not sure what's up with that. 

IMG_20181223_144439318.jpg

IMG_20181223_144452510.jpg

IMG_20181223_144543863.jpg

IMG_20181223_144534503.jpg

IMG_20181223_144508590.jpg

IMG_20181223_144455722.jpg

IMG_20181223_190216115.jpg

I'd say Amanita persicina http://www.amanitaceae.org/?Amanita+persicina. Up here in northern PA we don't see A. persicina. Instead we get the similar Amanita muscaria var. guessowii, which is usually more yellowish on the cap. I have seen guessowii with scarlet cap color, not unlike the vividly colored ones seen here. But, I think in FL, persicina is much more likely.

My guess about the pale ones seen here is they are the same species, just old/faded.

Mature Amanita mushrooms usually drop spores within a few hours of harvest. Among the mushrooms seen here, some are immature (caps not expanded), some are post mature (looking kinda dried out), and some appear to be at just the right stage to spore print. The ones with the stalks removed look like they are ready to print. Actually, if you harvest an entire immature Amanita mushroom (complete stalk and cap) and set it onto a table it will continue to expand. As far as I know, spore print for any Amanita mushroom is white.