Auricularia auricula-judae?

VaAngler

Splitting wood today and noticed these, along with some what I believe to be "Turkey Tails"growing on one of the logs (I believe a maple log) I'm pretty confident they are jelly ears but I have only found older darker ones previously. Can certainly provide better pictures if needed

20181222_122242.jpg

20181222_122231.jpg

I agree, an interesting color for Auricularia. The classic Tree Ear, A. auriculara, is currently suspected to be absent from North America. There are a few different species names currently applied to NA Auricularia. This is a fairly recent development. 

I believe the lighter color may be from being kinda tucked away from the sun possibly. All other ones I have found have been drier and more developed so it could be due to them being young however I've found small dark ones as well.

I look forward to trying these since they seem so common in my area! Any recipe suggestions?