Honey Mushroom ID confirmation

These are honeymushrooms right? White spore print, growiairsng in clusters off a of partially buried oak roots, little black hairs/scales that stand upright on the top of the cap, gills are white and slightly decurrent, the flesh inside the stems is fibrous like string cheese, the stems outside have a toughness to them and are covered by little fibers. Everything seems to match my guide, but since this is my first time IDing them for the table to try I am asking for some confirmation before I try to cook and eat thyem. Thanks all!

643898_471462036208446_218049784_n.jpg

482998_471480282873288_896544282_n.jpg

487969_471555679532415_1394916156_n.jpg

66364_471561622865154_1691114952_n.jpg

I'm dehydrating the medium sized caps and plan to cook up all the smaller sized ones. I guess I came up on these a couple of days after their prime, but I'm s till going to try use them and see what I think. I've never tried them yet! Thanks for your help confirming this Mary :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember when I was a small lad, my little Polish busha would take us out in the woods during the fall of the year looking for these mushrooms. She would walk alone pointing with a stick and us kids would pick them and fill a sack full. Then she would take them home and make some bbq mushrooms for Sunday dinner. She would simmer them for hours and they were so good! She always cooked enough to feed an army, but boy did that house smell good when you first walked in! Something I'll never forget!

• 3 months later...

Caution is advised when trying Armillaria for the first time. Some people are allergic to them. Try just a little. I think part of the problem is often undercooking. I always par-boil Honeys before preparing.

Very important par-boil this fungus, Armillaria contains a termo labile toxin (Cytolysin), boling the fungus for 10-15 minutes at 65-70°C (149-158°F) destroy the toxin.

Attention! If Armillaria is exposed at 0°C (32°F) the toxin become fixed, so you don't pick up Armillaria frozen and never put it in the freezer.

Thanks for the tip about the 0C = 32F temp, keper. I freeze most of my Honeys... AFTER PAR-BOILING for 5-8 minutes. I never eat Honeys that aren't par-boiled. I personally know two people who were sickened by eating Honeys. In neither case were the mushrooms par-boiled.