Are these honey mushrooms

L F P

They look like Honey Mushrooms to me, possibly Armillaria gallica. Obtaining a spore print color is a real good idea. Also, cutting through a stem diagonally and observing the way the exterior and interior are structured is helpful for learning to recognize Armillaria. 

Here's what looks like A. gallica growing under norway spruce in among the roots, singles here and there. The caps were covered with todays freezing rain. Some of the gills look notched but finely decurrent. The first time I've seen these in the yard.

20181115_104803.jpg

20181115_104741.jpg

20181115_104716.jpg

The somewhat stringy partial veil supports the A. gallica proposal. Interesting, bobby, that yours were found under conifers. In my experience, A. gallica seems to occur in association with hardwood trees. Mushroom Expert says it also grows on coniferous wood. This fall I found some Armillaria growing directly on a standing spruce tree. A first for me! 

2 hours ago, Dave W said:

This fall I found some Armillaria growing directly on a standing spruce tree. A first for me! 

Crazy how sometimes things go against the norm. This year I found a gilled bolete growing off the bark of a live loblolly pine.... several inches off the ground. I had suspected a possible association at several other places but that's a subject for another time perhaps.

Not really surprising to see Armillaria --parasitic or sabrobic-- growing from a standing tree (except seeing it on spruce was kinda odd). But Gilled Bolete species are mycorrhizal. I haven't ever seen one growing directly from a tree. I have seen Russula Lactarius, and Suillus (all mycorrhizal types) growing from the lower portions of trees.  

Dave, I believe the ones I found where growing from dirt that had partly filled in the deep grooves of the bark on the bottom of the tree.  Trees are growing on a fairly steep hill side.. I said several inches up on the tree but 2-3 is probably more realistic.  I do have  two photos I took before my phone died at the time....low battery results in very poor quality photos on my phone though. Never done a post about it because of the photo quality. Don't wanna hijack L F Ps topic by posting them here so I'll do a separate topic when I have time. .