Help with ID

eat-bolete

Only oaks around. Tastes very slightly bitter. Worms really devoured it. Pores’s shape is quite irregular. I found about 10 of them, all look very much like photos show.

1476506F-90C6-4E81-95C6-7CF859F0D560.jpeg

8AD2B4A3-B61C-4611-A739-7BFA14636F82.jpeg

AD01F046-24CD-4469-B6EE-7AD759E27C23.jpeg

E62F5164-DC91-4264-8EBA-A1E29AB54777.jpeg

DDC7216E-6661-472F-A153-0E2A299CB09F.jpeg

Thanks Matt, first timefind for me. went to a new spot, same trees but different mushrooms.

shroomersue, I found about 10, of different maturity stages, all with same color scheme, couldn’t find an Albatrellus in the books or online that looks like that.

Maybe eat-bolete's mushrooms are a species of Albatrellus. A. caeruleoporus is blue/bluish, but is said to grow only under conifers. Spore print is white for Albatrellus mushrooms.

But I would not count out Boletopsis, maybe B. griseus... except B. griseus is also found with conifers.  Boletopsis have pale brown spore prints.

Not sure what to say about this one. 

Thanks Dave I will. found this post from 2011, which looks quite like the ones I found, maybe just a younger specimen.

https://mushroomobserver.org/observer/show_observation/76266

I wouldn’t rule that out Dave. I haven’t seen any but doesn’t mean they weren’t there haha.

Planning to go back there possibly next week, I’ll try to find the spot and check on trees more carefully.