Puffball?

misterc57

Looks like Scleroderma citrinum. The interior is white when immature. Later it's interior turns dark.  Don't eat it or inhale the spores. If it is S. citrinum  it is sometimes parasitized by a bolete, B. parasiticus. Also Kou states that the rind of the puffball stain pinkish when sliced. 

I was out picking mushrooms in a large White Pine stand in N. Park. I don't think having a white interior will keep you from getting sick. Here's a photo of the "poison pigskin puffball" with a white interior & one that has matured.

20181017_115126.jpg

20181017_114106.jpg

Good to show here bobby. I have seen Scleroderma with whitish interior. Can trick a novice. One difference... the true puffball is not real dense inside, cuts easily. Scleroderma has interior fairly dense. Immature true puffball looks somewhat like cream cheese inside.