Help with another Bolete

agrobo108

Some help with this one would also be appreciated, again found along a path of mostly hardwoods. The stem discolored to yellow when I cut it, and the pores are bruising to a dark, dark green. The cap is brown with a very faint reddish color. 

Since my primary interest in mushrooms is finding ones that are edible, I see in Michael Kuo's book "100 Edible Mushrooms" he mentions 'Boletes with yellow pore surfaces that bruise blue-especially those with...reddish-brown caps' are poisonous. Mine is close enough to this description for me to not ever want to try eating this one, specifically Kuo mentions Boletus fraternus as the primary offender for this category, but I can't find more info on this type.

Thanks!

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_0577.JPG

Boletus from this group is hard to ID to sp. There is an edible bicolor, but there are also several look alike with bad reputation. I do eat those which  flesh do not stain instantly, but I do not always make wise decisions.

22 hours ago, svs said:

I do eat those which  flesh do not stain instantly, but I do not always make wise decisions.

Love this!!  I too have made unwise choices.  Has soured me on the ambiguous boletes.