Mush-room for help

Ceri

Hi, I recently went on a photography trip to Skye, Scotland and stopped off in Invermorrison falls and had a walk through the woods there. There were thousands of Fungi and Mushrooms and I would love to identify them, can anyone help!? I know my photos my not be best for ID but hopefully you can give me some idea? photos taken this year in September (early)

mushroom-two2.thumb.jpg.e98990d05caecb0e05f7fa470abb7028.jpgmushroom-two.thumb.jpg.41dfbffd33f41d163aeead0562e1b18f.jpgmushroom-one2.jpg.ac83b1e85b3fd9453029566f19048769.jpgmushroom-one.jpg.94f8214ddcfb262d230b069981f9a1d2.jpg

1 hour ago, djg said:

Can't help with ID, and sorry off topic, but what gear (camera, lens, etc) and exposure (ISO, f stop etc) did you use for the third photo.  It's amazing.  I've been trying to get that type of results for a while now......Thanks

Hi,

No problem, 

Camera kit as follows

Sony A7RMKiii - 42mp Full Frame Camera
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-7rm3

Lenses used in these photos

Sony 90mm Macro f2.8
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/camera-lenses/sel90m28g

Zeiss Batis 18mm f2.8
https://www.zeiss.co.uk/camera-lenses/photography/products/batis-lenses/batis-2818.html

I also used a sturdy tripod as the woodlands were dark and some exposures were in excess of 2 seconds which you obviously cannot hand hold.

In terms of settings used, it will of course vary on your conditions and if you are using full frame or not etc...

However with the macro lens I was aiming for F11, which when using a macro is more than enough to get nice Bokeh in the background whilst also getting a tack sharp photo of the mushrooms. Whith the wider shot I used the Zeiss wide angle and was using if I remember correctly f2.8. 

All photos are shot in RAW and edited though ADobe Camera RAW and Photoshop then covered to Jpeg

Hope this helps....

First and last photos look like a species of Mycena. I think the short reddish mushroom with the thicker stalk may be a species of Suillus, if the underside is composed of pores. If the fertile surface is gills, then maybe Cortinarius.