Hen of the woods and chicken of the woods

BoschefG

Last year I harvested some Hen of the Woods from this large oak tree stump in my yard I had someone who was good with mushroom ID and tell me they were good and I cook them then cooked them then pickled them and have been eating them all year this year.

Same tree stump now has two large mushrooms growing from it. One looks like another Hen of the Woods still kind of small the other one which is larger and all white I thought might be a chicken of the woods but I do not have any experience with IDing this type of mushroom. And the person who helped me last year is not around any help anyone could be I would appreciate it.

20180923_163746.jpg

20180923_163707.jpg

20180923_163713.jpg

20180923_163653_001.jpg

20180923_163704.jpg

29 minutes ago, BastedBrew said:

#2,4,5 Maybe Berkley’s Polypore (not chicken, unless it’s seriously old...)

#3 looks like a Hen that’s maybe a little damaged.

#5 are those industrial/water purification tanks in the background? 

#2,4, 5 are about 3 weeks old maybe a little older, but not much.

#1 and 3 are the same fungi, just different angle.

#5 it is a swimming pool, haha

Some field guides say that Berkeley's Polypore is edible when young. Many years ago I tried some very young material and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. However, there have been reports the past few years of people experiencing bad reactions to eating this fungus. My understanding is that in at least one case illness was associated with eating young material. So, it seems best to recommend not eating Berkeley's. 

The Berkeley's seen in this discussion is at least mature, more likely beyond maturity. So, even if one is not predisposed to reacting badly to this fungus, consuming an old fruit body like this should be avoided.