Harvested some Honey's today!

SteveDan

Believe me, I'm the biggest chicken when it comes to eating stuff that may not be all too good for you! Dave replied to my other post about the Honey's, I did the spore print and it was a real nice white. These are growing in clusters on an old beech stump and there are a ton of them. The gills go to the ring, and they have the little "hairs" on the cap so I'm like 99% sure they are Honey's. I will however fry one up, eat a small part, like the size of my thumb nail and sit back and see! If that goes good, I'll eat a little more within 24 hours and see again. Then I'll be sure they're good. All of this why? I'm a chicken!

I suggest par-boiling Honeys before frying/sauteing or otherwise preparing for eating. Honeys contain an indigestible substance that cooks out. The par-boiling assures this happens. Also, a fairly long saute on relatively low heat with the skillet covered helps to cook off the slime that often develops on the Honeys.