Clitocybe nuda/purple wood blewit

BastedBrew

I was surprised to find these where I did today. There’s a small patch near me that usually flushes once or twice this time of year. That patch isn’t fruiting yet so I figured I’d double check here to make sure.

Same general environment, growing out of leaf and bark litter near oak & cherry. Hens just started popping so it’s the right time of year. 

Basically white in situ but after picking/cutting they oxidize purple. Rained today so they’re pretty dirty, cleaned a few up and am taking a spore print.

sorry for the shadows, lighting is poor inside right now and I was getting mauled by clouds of mosquitoes outside

26CF2803-EF60-4BFC-B46E-006C1F5CEBAC.jpeg

027352D3-9952-413B-9B46-37DC894958B0.jpeg

10CCAFCE-F57C-48C4-911C-E5FFA41BF444.jpeg

28BC46D5-5F1A-4319-AB77-F90F04F9284B.jpeg

59D50E8B-B1B6-4C95-8465-A4EFD96418D2.jpeg

Yours looks pinkish on the brown but is a much thicker print than mine. My caps were wet from rain and probably dropped a lot of spores already. I’m going to swing back tomorrow and see if I can get some fresh ones that are drier and try again

Yup, the light spores of Lepista/Clitocybe nuda appear (almost) white unless you get a nice thick print. Also, I believe I have observed actual variation in the pinkishness/fleshinessm of the L. nuda speore print. Some collections seem to have very light print, even when the print is substantial.