The HENS!!

Old Oak

Only one of my usual trees was fruiting, but it was a doozy! This is how I fund my wife's anniversary present every year! Still warm, but looking like cooler temperatures and more rain is coming so should have quite a few more this year. Happy hunting!

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6533.JPG

Anybody know if these guys would be growing in Georgia yet?  I know its fall but I dont think night temps here have dropped much below the high 60s, with a lot of nights still in the low 70s, i've heard cooler nights are kindof a key factor, correct?

Yeah late October to early November has been best for me. I checked my best tree today that's on our family farm and not even a trace of a hen yet. Still finding chants and trumpets here. Temps are 15-20deg above average for my area with a high of 90deg tomorrow......think it's still gonna be two or three weeks before my first hen.