Dear forager: a silent auction to help support this site has already begun! Learn More.

Each year this community relies on donations to pay the expenses for keeping the site online and ad free. Please consider bidding on the auction or making a donation if you can. Any amount helps. Donate now.

Sign in to follow this  
Old Oak

The HENS!!

Only one of my usual trees was fruiting, but it was a doozy! This is how I fund my wife's anniversary present every year! Still warm, but looking like cooler temperatures and more rain is coming so should have quite a few more this year. Happy hunting!

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6533.JPG

Very nice score! Yeah I figured I would see pictures from the north or northeast by now. We had lows in the 50's this week so I'm going to check my trees this weekend just in case.

Beautiful!! What state are u in?

Nice! I can't wait to start finding them. We've had plenty of rain and more on the way. Just a few more weeks unless the temps start dropping soon.

I’m in Nebraska. Hopefully more to come. I picked them today and think I got about 30 lbs. pretty sure the one pictured is 15 lbs! My new PB hen! 

5582671D-FFAE-4C21-892A-86E381F44096.jpeg

A8E34F3B-6A8A-4771-AC8B-784AB3637F3B.jpeg