Tylopilus

I think there are two different species pictured now that I reading further on ME. Note the rolled margin on some and not the others. Also these were found in wooded areas and not grassy areas 

Maybe Tylopilus badiceps also.  

The non-bitter Tylopilus species like T. ferrugineus and T. badiceps are okay edibles (IMO). Some people find them to be slightly bitter.

I suppose you could eat A. gracilis, except the caps are mostly tubes. So, I'd expect the texture to be not real good for these. Flesh in the stalks is not very dense. 

I'm so afraid that I may develop a taste for bitter.  Even T Felleus.  They are so pretty and hope springs eternal -- I taste to make sure.  Remember your first cup of coffee, first beer, first whatever?  But they grew on you, right?  Lordy, don't let this happen to me! 😱

3 hours ago, diana said:

I'm so afraid that I may develop a taste for bitter.  Even T Felleus.  They are so pretty and hope springs eternal -- I taste to make sure.  Remember your first cup of coffee, first beer, first whatever?  But they grew on you, right?  Lordy, don't let this happen to me! 😱

After last years run in with extremely bitter chanterelles, lions mane , and L. Indigo..... I was convinced that my taste buds completely switched. Everything I enjoyed eating,mostly wild edibles,tasted horrible(super bitter). At that very moment I was struck with the overwhelming feeling that I will never be able to enjoy wild mushrooms again !!! Very depressing. I was actually to the point where I said the heck with it. I’m done with this hobby. For whatever reason I chose to give it another go.  So here I am !! The other thing I came up with is that I left the mushrooms in the fridge too long before preparing and they turned bitter.