Need help, what mushroom is this? can i eat it?

Mushroom guy

Thank you. I wasn't sure what they where, i was thinking they where either a honey mushroom or a Jack o latren.  i am new to this. I been watching vids  about mushroom growing and hunting and order some Lions mane and oyster mushroom spawn  to grow at home.  Hope it goes well.  then i was outside looking around and saw these mushrooms on a stump and was like i hope these are honey mushrooms... Thank you so much for the reply Dave W... 

Brown spots on the gills generally indicate brown spores, however, this is a camera pic so it can be deceiving. Just for fun, and mainly for practice, you could take a spore print of one. It's a good habit to get into, and you never know maybe the camera and lighting is making the brown spots appear differently in the picture than real life. If the spore print is not white then it is safe to assume they are not edible. If by some slim chance it is white then maybe you have armillaria.

I think the telling trait here is that some of these have a ring on the stalk that's brown/orange. But as has been said, getting a spore print color would add to the available information. I also agree that a white spore print --which I doubt will be the case here-- would not necessarily mean the mushrooms are Armillaria. These are kinda old and it's difficult to get a solid read on some traits. 

I don't think they're Galerina. But this is a good thing to mention, as G. marginata also grows on wood and has a spore print color very similar to Pholiota or Gymnopilus.

To really be sure of an ID of wood-inhabiting mushrooms with rusty brown spore print, microscopic analysis is recommended. Examining spores at 400x can usually determine Pholiota or not, as Pholiota have smooth spores and Gymnopilus/Galerina have wrinkled spores with thicker walls. Gymnopilus mushrooms are generally larger and more robust that Galerina. Shapes of spores is not a lot different for these two general, although Galerina marginata spores have what is called a plage, a depression/gouge near the apex of the spore, and this feature may only be visible when the spore is correctly aligned.