Need a pro's expertise

Motleyflux

Hi, 
I cut down a large (dying) crab apple treen in our backyard a few summers ago.  Now the rotting roots are producing a large amount of fungus among-us.  I have recently purchased a beautiful puppy, (pitbull/sheppard/lab/ Alaskan Malamute)= large dog.

Anyways I  imagine you can guess why I am here.  I am concerned they are poisonous.  There are actually 2 types of mushrooms growing, one is much smaller and dies within 24 hrs after introducing acidity (vinegar) They are now coming back so I will probably get them to pose for me so I can post them here.  The ones I am worried about the most are these large ones.  ( I am aware the smaller ones could possibly be more dangerous.)  For now, this is the one I am hoping to get info on.

I did read that an exact match is not always possible with a photograph alone.  

Any information is appreciated.

20180901_154405.jpg

You would need to post pictures of the entire mushroom, including the underside and entire stem and base.  Although I do have a guess, without further info there is no way to know.

Please refer to this for further guidelines, for seeking i.d.'s:   

14 hours ago, Motleyflux said:

Ok I got your picture, thank you for helping.  The Mushroom lies very close to the ground so getting the full stem and bad were not possible.  I suppose I could dig one up and rinse it off, if that's what you need.  (just thought of that now lol)

bellyofthe beast.jpg

I also mentioned a second mushroom much smaller, getting a picture of one was difficult as they are EXTREMELY delicate, most fell apart just upon touching them.

mushroom 2.jpg

mushroom 3.jpg

mushroom 4.jpg

Yes, we have some Ashes nearby, they grow like weeds, in fact, we live right beside a park and they just took down a massive ash that was rotting from the inside out and was posing a threat, that probably had roots reaching our property even though it was at least 150 feet away.  We do have some smaller one is yard too.

Thanks for the reply!  I really appreciate it!

50 minutes ago, Evan said:

I agree that neither of these is poisonous. And th IDs sound right to me. If you have ash trees around, especially dying, you might have a good chance of finding morels in the spring.

Does that depend on Zones?  I live in Zone 5A.  Just curious as I searched they are not poisonous.

What is "Zone 5A"?

large mushrooms are Ash Tree Boletes, Boletinellus meruloides. This mushroom actually grows on underground secretions made by insects that feed on the roots of an ash tree.   https://www.mushroomexpert.com/boletinellus_merulioides.html

The little one looks like a species of Parasola, Coprinopsis, or maybe Coprinellus. None of these are known to be dangerously poisonous (although a few of the larger Coprinopsis species can cause transient illness if consumed with alcohol).