Our Foraging Memories - Summer 2018

Gotta agree. Great year. After a drought last summer, I never yielded a single mushroom. This year I have been finding so many that I am actually walking by them because I can't keep up with the processing. Mushrooming is also my exercise so I just go out and look quite often this year even though I've filled my boots already. Also, I have noticed a vast array of new species that are coming up this year that I never saw in my area before. Very interesting year.

Kings are still hard to find for me though. A wave of separans passed 3-4 weeks ago and even though it keeps raining, I’ve only seen once since then.

Same for me as well EB,  I don't find alot of true Kings. We have some small finds of Variipes and other oak loving types but the pines we have don't support much. I occasionally get lucky under some planted white pine or spruce.

That’s alright we’ll take turns haha...Completely missed morel season due to busy work schedule this spring, I guess this was my second chance, so to speak.

That’s an army of trumpets, nice! Made some nice pics of those recently too. The rain stopped though, don’t see many mushrooms anymore. Time to go do some fishing.

EBC6BFC2-5E7B-408E-808F-F8846D79D629.jpeg

47725D2D-5533-4DC2-A27C-333840E8FB7C.jpeg

E818E667-6E4F-48E9-9418-F20D588B8297.jpeg