Black Trumpets?

Foulhook

Hey Guys,

Newbie here from northeast PA. I am really excited to getting into mushroom hunting!

We have had an unusually wet and humid summer here. There are probably 40 different mushrooms growing in my yard right now. Under oak trees and in mossy ground. 

Attached are are some I am fairly certain are black trumpets? ... the last are some small bright orange/yellow that just started coming up in a patch near the trumpets anyone know if they could be baby chantrelles? 

D530317D-86D3-45AB-9D3A-CDB9023458DF.jpeg

B2F6CCEC-103D-4265-8456-0A0DF35C6C1B.jpeg

B3E16228-BB78-479E-A67B-531D50486481.jpeg

DCE67EA6-A522-48B4-8785-8AE6734F9427.jpeg

4AFC4C84-13CD-423F-911B-E3C2FEDD509A.jpeg

781EC685-9F48-489A-BD26-1BED2AD22AC2.jpeg

Yes, trumpets. Looks like Craterellus fallax. There is another similar trumpet that I occasionally see, C. foetidus.  The tiny bright yellow chantys are usually Cantharellus minor. 

Thanks so much guys! I was very surprised to see the trumpets yesterday. There are quite a few patches in the yard. 

The tiny orange/yellow ones I hope turn out to be chanterelles 

seems the trumpets don’t have any poisonous look alikes. So I am trying to stick to the safer ones to start. I will take pictures when the orange ones mature a little more. 

There are are so many strange mushrooms on the property right now it’d just crazy. I wouldn’t want to burden you all with identifying them  all

hoping to meet some veteran hunters up here in the poconos to learn from and hunt with some time

Meetings are held at the Nanticoke campus of Luzerne County Community College; lower section of the campus, Advanced Technology Center (ATC), Room 209B. Parking is available in the adjacent lot. Meetings are 2nd Thursday of each month, 7 PM.

WVMC will sponsor a "Mushroom Fair" at Frances Slocum SP, Sunday September 23. General public welcome to attend.