Dear forager: a silent auction to help support this site has already begun! Learn More.

Each year this community relies on donations to pay the expenses for keeping the site online and ad free. Please consider bidding on the auction or making a donation if you can. Any amount helps. Donate now.

Sign in to follow this  
angela

Last Sunday's Mushrooms

I found a variety of mushrooms last Sunday.  To me, my most exciting are the indigo lactarius ones.  I've been slicing and drying my old men of the woods.  I'll see how they rehydrate later.  I'm not good with identifying other boletes, but I go with looking at pore color, lack of blue staining, and tasting for bitterness.

PlateofMushrooms.JPG

Nice find on the indigo, the white bolete(assuming it's a bolete) just above the old men does it have a reticulate stem? I found something that looked similar today. But the Slugs had got into it pretty bad. We definitely have no shortage of boletes right now.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, MattVa said:

Nice find on the indigo, the white bolete(assuming it's a bolete) just above the old men does it have a reticulate stem? I found something that looked similar today. But the Slugs had got into it pretty bad. We definitely have no shortage of boletes right now.

Thanks.  I don't remember what the stem looked like.  The mushroom is long gone.