Black Trumpets are up

We have had alot of rain and there are more mushrooms up than I have time to hunt but I finally made it back to one of my very remote trumpet spots.

I picked a good mess and left behind alot to grow with plans to head back soon.

IMG_20180805_163221.jpg

IMG_20180805_163248.jpg

Camille, this spot is early July/August compared to my other spots and my other spots are more Sept/October. I know alot of folks start finding them way earlier but for me with the exception of this one place it's more of fall mushroom. I didn't find much evidence of prior flushes.  I have never found them in this spot after August even when my other spots where hot. So I definitely try to remember when I find them. Checked a Sept spot today.....not a single one but I'm sure that pattern will break one year.

Matt, thanks bud. Still a few trees I had to leave unchecked. I ran out of basket but I probably got the goodie. I do look forward to to going back though.

Last year sucked and I ran out so I'm definitely going to go back this week.

Cajun, haha ......and the same to you my friend. I would rather be lucky than cool any day. I cant mess with those sweet potato bags full of chants though😁. I do have a onion bag I'm saving and I'll take it next time just to confuse everyone and make em think it's your post .. haha.... Everytime I take a onion bag it's a jinx and I don't find nothing.🙄 

Need to buy some "sweep potatas" as we call where I'm from so I can get some of that Cajun chanty luck. How's the chanty hunting been?

11 hours ago, MattVa said:

Cajun, haha ......and the same to you my friend. I would rather be lucky than cool any day. I cant mess with those sweet potato bags full of chants though😁. I do have a onion bag I'm saving and I'll take it next time just to confuse everyone and make em think it's your post .. haha.... Everytime I take a onion bag it's a jinx and I don't find nothing.🙄 

Need to buy some "sweep potatas" as we call where I'm from so I can get some of that Cajun chanty luck. How's the chanty hunting been?

Lol. Hasn’t been too great this year. At least this way I can read up and study other edibles to broaden my horizons. Managed to pick a few pounds but no sweep potata bags full this year. Been dealing with rural developers plowing all the mature blocks of forest to put up apartment complex’s. Pretty much everything else around me is swamp. Pretty soon I’ll be having to drive a few hours north for decent pickens. 

Yeah I feel ya it's getting to be that way for me too. I have not hunted hard but my easy spots have not produced alot of chants. There have been a fair amount of the Three Amigos along the wooded river banks.

Those black trumpets where collected a hour drive from my house and a two mile boat ride on top of that. Unfortunately nothing ever seems to get easier.

Thanks John, It's definitely s nicer experience when the autumn air starts to arrive. The mosquitoes were terrible, you had to keep the spray on the whole time but I believe the sweat in my eyes was just as bad.