Dear forager: a silent auction to help support this site has already begun! Learn More.

Each year this community relies on donations to pay the expenses for keeping the site online and ad free. Please consider bidding on the auction or making a donation if you can. Any amount helps. Donate now.

flipjargendy

Native American Rain Stick for Silent Auction

Silent Auction for Hand-made, Native American Rain Stick  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you make a bid on a silent auction for this hand-made, Native American rain stick?

• Yes
    • No

This year, one of our long time members, @CajunShroomer3578, has offered a great idea as well as a very special gift. He has suggested that we silent auction a hand made, Native American rain stick. His grandfather made it from Louisiana Cypress. Take a look at the photo, you can tell this is quality wood work. This is an interesting object, to say the least, but it will also be hand painted with mushrooms on it. Quite fitting for our community 😀.

The funds of course will go toward keeping this site going and the winner will of course receive this very cool gift. Bidding will likely start somewhere between $40 and $60. These rain sticks normally would sell for around $100.

Please let us know if this is something you'd be interested in bidding on in a silent auction.

rain-stick.jpg

This is beautiful!! If I wasn’t right on funds I would definitely bid on it!!

Honest opinions are greatly appreciated. There will be no ill feelings whatsoever.  I have another great idea for the stick if we vote nay on silent auctioning it off. One way or another I have great confidence it will not affect this site. We will be here years to come 

On 7/30/2018 at 5:24 PM, Evan said:

This is beautiful!! If I wasn’t right on funds I would definitely bid on it!!

Thanks Evan. He does great work. Coolest man I’ve ever met. 

AFCE8F85-85A3-4A71-8385-67E6F62E6D5B.jpeg

I think it's awesome. Would it be able to be shipped to Canada?

Shipping from the US to Canada isn't too bad. If @CajunShroomer3578 wanted help with some international shipping, I'd be glad to assist. In case you're not aware, shipments to Canada (and some other countries) require the recipient to pay taxes and duties upon receipt. Since the silent auction winner would be donating to the site, the package should be marked as a gift on the customs paperwork. From what I understand, when an item is marked as a gift, there are no duties, taxes, or other fees.