postal1982

Oregon Coast Mushrooms

Found this bunch of mushrooms on moss growing on a rotting tree. I picked one and got a rust color spore print. The gills also light tan in color as well.1872231327_IMG_1526(1).thumb.JPG.6aab5bbebf854b7bccdd603a807291ac.JPG

These smaller darker ones below grew individually. The gills are black and printed jet black spores. You can see the larger one that I picked from the group above.

Any help letting me know what these are would be great. Thank you.

IMG_1532 (1).JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

Need to see stems and gills.

57 minutes ago, GCn15 said:

Need to see stems and gills.

I will be heading back into my back yard today and will see if I can find some of these smaller ones again that printed Black. 

The ones with the black spore print are probably a species of Coprinopsis. If the spore print has a hint of brown/purple (not jet-black) then Psathyrella makes more sense. 

The ones on the mossy log with a brown spore print are probably either Kuehneromyces mutabilis or Galerina marginata. The latter (Galerina) is deadly poisonous. 

9 hours ago, Dave W said:

The ones with the black spore print are probably a species of Coprinopsis. If the spore print has a hint of brown/purple (not jet-black) then Psathyrella makes more sense. 

The ones on the mossy log with a brown spore print are probably either Kuehneromyces mutabilis or Galerian marginata. The latter (Galerina) is deadly poisonous. 

ah great thank you.