Boletus Barrowsii?

Dansnow

Found this today in the woods among balsam fir and aspen trees, in the same area I often find king boletes towards the end of summer.

It seems very similar to a king bolete in most aspects apart from the color. It's really pretty and the white color made it easy to find!

20180709_190704.jpg

20180709_190717.jpg

20180709_212556.jpg

Boletus barowsii is a species of the SW Rocky Mountains and the west coast. It is reported to be an associate specifically of tree types that occur in those regions. So --although this mushroom looks like barowsii-- I doubt it represents this species. My guess is this is a very pale example of the "edulis type" that you find in the same area. King Boletes seem to entail diverse species that differ regionally. Over the years I have collected very pale edulis that was growing near the typical "penny bun" colored ones. 

I think the most interesting thing about this mushroom is the beige-colored tubes (is the photo accurate?). As edulis --and most other types of King Bolete mature-- the tubes go from white to yellow to greenish. This species  http://www.mushroomexpert.com/boletus_cf_reticulatus.html  seems to match, except it's reported as an oak associate. 

Thanks for the information.

I'd say the pore color was yellowish and consistent with the edulis-type mushrooms I'm used to.

The trees are all balsam fir where I found the mushroom, which is also typical for the edulis-type that grow here. 

Based on this, I'm going with your first suggestion of a pale edulis-type. I hope more of this color appear because they're very easy to spot.