What are these? Soft rocks?

diana

Went for a walk yesterday evening.  Found what looked like a pile of small rocks.  These are solid, very firm.  Found in the grass in the same area as all the other interesting finds yesterday, near oaks and pines and a tree that surprised me -- a pear tree with fruit.

0707181834_HDR.thumb.jpg.cc046fc9d96089c4ae929c7c4dd5c625.jpg

0707181843_HDR.thumb.jpg.7109cc9b771443b398aa1525a7fe786f.jpg

Thanks Evan!  I've read about them but they never crossed my mind as a possibility.  But don't they grow with honey mushrooms?

I do think you are right, can't think of any other option.  Any idea how I would go about getting a spore print?

Thanks!  There are no honey mushrooms in this area at this time.  And, I have only seen the ringless honeys in this area.

I did an image search on the abortive Tricholoma and could not find anything that looks like what I found.  Certainly looks like Ab Entomola.  Not going to eat this because I am not sure what it is.

I have also seen an abortive form of Clitocybe robusta.

If you're not familiar with Aborted Entoloma (Armillaria), then to be more certain of the ID, there should be Armillaria and/or Entoloma abortivum mushrooms growing close to the blobs. 

Another thing to consider here is the blobs may be either boletes or Amanitas that have been parasitized by a Hypomyces.