Greetings from North Georgia

catphysh

Hey everyone!  My wife and I recently purchased several acres in North Georgia.  I'm a software guy and my wife is a chef.  Just this weekend we were hiking around our lot when we encountered patch after patch after patch of yellow chanterelles -- my wife recognized them immediately.  We must have picked ten pounds, and there are so many more all over our mountain.  Our neighbors have no interest in them so we will be back next weekend scouting their land.  

We are just super excited to have such a wonderful natural resource on our property.  Hence our sudden interest in identifying other mushrooms in our area. We joined a mushroom club in Atlanta and just discovered you online.

Thanks for having us!  Attached is a photo of our first basket. We will be following up with a couple other posts.

MVIMG_20180630_170516.jpg

Hello and welcome !!

As you may know already, looks like you have 2 different species here. Top right of picture looks to be a couple “gilled” mushrooms. Be very careful not to mix these up before knowing 100% what the gilled mushrooms are. May be highly toxic.