A fun guy from IA sends his greetings

Mycophagus

My name is Micah, and I have recently gotten into foraging for mushrooms – I don’t even like to eat them all that much, but I drive my wife crazy looking for them. Central Iowa has been really nice for oysters this year, and I am amazed at everything I am finding now that I know what to look for 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok cool - we are getting a ton of yellow oysters on dead elms (mostly) around here - anything like that in Omaha? Also, as much as I enjoy the oysters, have you ever found king boletes or many others from that family in the midwest? I'm still pretty new to mycology myself

Yes, I've found some king boletes. They are few and far between though.

I'd start with oysters, morels, and hen of the woods. Those are all pretty abundant in our area. That said, now is the season for chanterelles and king boletes so go check those oak forest out!