What are these guys?

Pretty sure the multicolor ones are false turkey tails. Didn't appear fuzzy on top and bottom seemed smooth without pores. Hard to tell though as everything was wet.

The other white ones are oyster like but didn't really have gills. Small stem leading to cap or so it appeared but under surface more like uneven pores but maybe not truly pores either. Don't think they are angel wing mushroom either as I believe they have gills right? Just not a stem like an oyster should have???

Just curious to know in fact what these are. Both are quite beautiful!

Thanks! DSG

0527180904a.jpg

0527180901b.jpg

0527180901a.jpg

0527180906.jpg

0527180901.jpg

0527180905.jpg

DSG, I can't really see the underside when I zoom in and white is hard to photo. If it's pores and you being in Fla maybe it could possibly be one of the tropical FAVOLUS types?

Someone better than me will be along to help out. Cool looking but definitely nothing I have ever found.

Looking at pics of favolus genus species would suggest you are correct. The pore structure is like that. Kinda hexagonal like. Maybe if I end up where those were again soon I can get better pics. Very interesting looking specimens. Would be into knowing if they are possible to eat. Would not mess with them until I know for sure though. Hoping I'll be seeing boletes in my area soon!

Definitely cool stuff, just found my first boletes a couple days ago here in Va. You guys way South find some interesting and different stuff.....look forward to seeing some pics.

The multi-colored ones are indeed likely to be Stereum ostrea (False Turkey Tail). If so, then the fertile surfaces (undersides) will be smooth (pores so small that a microscope is necessary). True Turkey Tail has pores large enough to see with the naked eye (or maybe minor magnification). 

Those white mushrooms are really interesting. I agree with Matt, genus Favolus is a good possibility. Here's an observation from Mushroom Observer that may be relevant   http://mushroomobserver.org/26506 . Other photos IDed online as Favolus brasiliensis show mushrooms with pores of variable size. 

• 8 months later...

I found some of the white oyster mushroom looking ones over the weekend in South Florida. Though they might be oyster mushrooms but the pores / gills confused me. 

Had them identified on a online group, and like Dave W said above, they appear to be Favolus. They came back to me with an id of Favolus brasiliensis.
They are found in Florida and South America and accordign to my online research some people including but not limited to the native people in the jungles of Brazil and Bolivia eat them. 

I am no expert and I dont know if they should be eating or not, I dont know what good or bad compounds they may contain.  I am just passing on online info so further in depth researh and learning can be done. 

Here are some images I took including a clear view of the honeycomb pores on the bottom. The group is also known as honeycomb mushrooms.

If anyone has more details on if these musrooms are good to eat please respond.   

DSCN1539.JPG

DSCN1538.JPG

DSCN1541.JPG

DSCN1545.JPG

DSCN1544.JPG

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, daryl said:

I found some of the white oyster mushroom looking ones over the weekend in South Florida. Though they might be oyster mushrooms but the pores / gills confused me. 

Had them identified on a online group, and like Dave W said above, they appear to be Favolus. They came back to me with an id of Favolus brasiliensis.
They are found in Florida and South America and accordign to my online research some people including but not limited to the native people in the jungles of Brazil and Bolivia eat them. 

I am no expert and I dont know if they should be eating or not, I dont know what good or bad compounds they may contain.  I am just passing on online info so further in depth researh and learning can be done. 

Here are some images I took including a clear view of the honeycomb pores on the bottom. The group is also known as honeycomb mushrooms.

If anyone has more details on if these musrooms are good to eat please respond.   

DSCN1539.JPG

DSCN1538.JPG

DSCN1541.JPG

DSCN1545.JPG

DSCN1544.JPG

These appear to be Polyporus Alveolaris, They are edible when young. These appear to be older specimens.

I think these may be Favolus brasilensis. This species is similar to Neofavolus alveolaris (aka. Favolus alveolaris, Polyporus alveolaris), except the fruit bodies are pure white.   https://mushroomobserver.org/name/show_name/44089   .   F. brasilensis is reported to occur in Florida.   http://arborist.forest.usf.edu/floridafungi/28  . 

N. alveolaris is generally an orangish color on the upper cap surface, and the surface tends to be scaly/patchy. Although I have found examples up here in PA with nearly white and fairly smooth caps. Not sure if they are N. alveolaris or some other species (presumably Favolus).   https://mushroomobserver.org/318685?q=hT36

• 4 months later...

Just saw this post and I found these same mushrooms in my yard in NE Florida on dead logs. The first on line ID was someone who said it was a faded old fruiting body of Neofavolus alveolaris but these are newly coming up all over, so they are not old. The day I found them, I had forgotten to buy mushrooms for my chicken masala sauce, but since I could not get a positive ID I did not risk eating them...Does anyone know if Favolis brasiliensis is edible? I have lots!

0622191525.jpg

0622191528a.jpg

0622191527.jpg

0622191527a.jpg

0622191528.jpg

Old/faded Neofavolus alveolaris does tend to fade to a very pale color, virtually pigment-free. But tropical and subtropical regions get a variety of polypores that never occur up here in NE NA. I think these fresh-looking starkly white polypores are something other than N. alveolaris. I still think F. brasilensis is a good possibility for these. I don't have any information regarding the edibility of this species. I have never tried eating the similar N. alveolaris, as the texture seems to be not unlike leather (and there are no reports I know of that recommend N. alveolaris as an edible).