Chanty button 2018

This spot along my in-laws driveway has been a good reference in the past and I walk past it almost daily. It also had a few pop this time last year. I don't expect much yet but it's still nice to see.

IMG_20180525_211956.jpg

Found a few very small Chestnut boletes today while weed eating and a blue stainer. We have had tons of rain in the past two weeks ....need to plan a trip outside my own property and see what if anything is popping in the woods.

I already had them drying when snapped the pic.

IMG_20180526_172046.jpg

5 hours ago, John Smalldridge said:

Hey Matt, I got into the woods on 5-31 here in eastern N.C. and there were more chanterelles than you could shake a stick at. I'm sure you'll be harvesting lots soon.

Have you been getting a bit of rain fall? Pretty dry here in the swamp ☹️ Usually by this time I have a few pounds 

John, thanks for the report. We have been getting lots of rain and they have really started to pop the last couple days but still mostly in the button stage. Hope to pick a mess in a day or two. 

Cajun I can't speak for John and NC but my area of VA just had the wettest May on record with 10+ in of rain and the second warmest May on record to boot. June so far has been the same.

I picked a handful yesterday with plans to go back maybe tomorrow or wed. They are mostly button stage in all my spots. Also found the first black trumpets of the season.....little tiny ones.

IMG_20180604_225047.jpg