Yellow Oysters?

I just found something I've never seen before and unfortunately I did not get a sample but I did get a nice pic.  Are these Yellow Oysters?  I would love to harvest these and try something new but of course time is of the essence as I suppose these are not going to last long.  Location is in Southern WI and it appears to be on an oak log but could be Ash - would have to look closer.  Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Mushrooms.jpg

I don't know that these are oysters. Usually oyster mushrooms have a small offset stalk with gills running down it. These look like the stalks are centered. Some pictures of the underside and individual mushrooms would help.

"Yellow Oyster Mushrooms" represent a species that was imported into NA as a cultivated edible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleurotus_citrinopileatus .  This species has escaped into the wild with observations in PA, MD, and NJ having been reported over the past 5 years or so. The ones seen here look like this species. It would be very useful to see the undersides of some of these. If this is Pleurotus citrinopileatus then it's the furthest west into NA that I've seen it reported from the wild. 

Yes I believe it's an Elm there are a couple in the area red Elms or slippery elm as their called. It took awhile to find out where this Branch came from nobody placed it there because hidden in the brush is another 10-15 feet that you can't see so it's a rather long log. About 25 feet away there is the butt of a tree the same diameter same bark goes up about 30 ft and stops and the end is cleanly broke off just like this one is. Right next to the end of that log is a hole in the ground, a divot. My theory is that tree got struck by lightning shot that Branch up in the air and here's were it came down. Now here's an interesting thought. Do you think when that log came down and landed on the butt end into the ground and it's still packed with mud, that somehow that live Branch absorbed some of the spores in the ground and through capillary action and brought it up through the trunk. 

Just curious if this is on private land or public? In the past I have taken various breeds of oyster plugs out and drilled holes into logs in the wild to create my own in the wild oyster locations. Saves you the trouble of hauling logs home to do it. Perhaps, you have stumbled across someone's attempt at an oyster garden.

Private but not mine.  I will look for evidence of drilling. Going to go out and harvest them later today.  Sauteed up the sample I brought home yesterday and they were good.  Think I'll try dehydrating them for future use. 

For sure you'll know if someone plugged them because you never get 100% success, unless it's been producing for more than a couple years....then it can be hard to tell. I would just ask the landowner because I doubt someone would go do this on someone else's land without permission.