New To St.Thomas, Ontario Canada

KBjork

Hello, I  will be NEW to the St.Thomas area and I LOVE mushrooms particularly Chanterelles. I wondered if you can pick these beauties in the area? I also wondered about free land- meaning one can walk any where as they do in Scandinavia? Are there forest that one can go pick Chanterelles in the area? I am Canadian but have been living out of the country for over 20 years, things tend to change. 

I am not very knowledgeable at all about forest picking and  defining  what is edible or not. I have A LOT to learn, hence my reason for joining this group. The other reason is, I have cancer and I have been taking medical mushrooms for over a year. I wondered if you can find  Turkey Tail, Chaga, Maitake and Reishi  I am interested in for medical use. 

I look forward to get to know you and the information.  One last question, is there anyone else with cancaner  using mushrooms? If so I would enjoy hearing what you are doing.

Thank you in advance for your responses

Hello, welcome to the forums.  Before anyone can provide advice, we need to know which St. Thomas you are referring to.  I suspect that it is St. Thomas, Ontario, but there are locations with that name in several other provinces and countries.