Dear forager: a silent auction to help support this site has already begun! Learn More.

Each year this community relies on donations to pay the expenses for keeping the site online and ad free. Please consider bidding on the auction or making a donation if you can. Any amount helps. Donate now.

Sign in to follow this  
rob

Intro to a few common tree/fungi relations

Real nice presentation, rob. Everything said about the mushroom/tree associations jives with my experience. 

Awesome. Thanks for posting. Identifying trees has always been difficult for me. In MN so many are very close looking. I need to keep both a tree and a mushroom field guide with me at all times :-)

I've noticed in my area, that some variants of trees will produce better tasting mushrooms than others. Some mushrooms will grow on different types of trees and some taste way better on Popple instead of Oak [or ash... whatever it was I found it on before].

Good to hear that this is useful. Ran across it a while back and find that the poster does a nice job.

Accurate descriptions and easy to follow.

Nice. I found some BIG morels under white pines last year... by accident, on my way out of the woods after I couldn't find them anywhere else.

I learned all this from a guide last year, but had I not your video would have explained it much faster and in better detail.  I liked watching it just seeing how well you included all the data.