Everything is frozen!!

Hope everyone is making out ok with the arctic blast. Found these beauties while doing a little  stalking behind the house.  Too bad they were frozen solid. Might have been able to harvest but nowhere to put them while out there. Anyone harvest frozen, prime mushrooms for the table ?

37E2DC11-4B81-429F-8758-8882E28A56BF.jpeg

8A9D8969-22DB-41E9-A9AF-432B5E45D00A.jpeg

95F96568-D9CA-43CD-A074-DB0800720324.jpeg

A0EDB14D-900B-478E-B6F2-EE3BCEF9E965.jpeg

Hey there brother Trout ....... not much going on in the fungi world right now so I’ve been trying to harvest this 12 point behind the house. Man he’s old and smart!! I’ve heard of these swamp deer submersing themselves in water with just their snout above water to get away from a hunter!!  I never harvested a buck before so I’m still learning.  I bagged a doe earlier in the season so I’m good on meat for now. Any hoot...... that’s why I haven’t been here in a while. What’s going on in your region, frozen tundra ?!?!

1 hour ago, 1shotwade said:

DUDE! You hunt Oysters with a gun?LOL! I'm allowed to do that since my brain is in a fog from staying below freezing for so long!

Wade

LOL !! Yes sir !!! If you almost stepped on a coyote bedded down you’d carry one too !!! ??? Needless to say I just about soiled my pants !! 

Hats off to y’all folks with minus temps. Ive done 8 degrees with wind chills in the minus and that’s all I needed to make up my mind on staying in Louisiana 

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a very nice Browning there Cajun . Out of my price range, but a sweet rifle for sure ! I've just got an old Rem 700, in .270, but it works well . It's been frozen here since early Dec. , so haven't been out for shrooms in a long time .. Kinda waiting on the morels, as I'm not too fond of oysters .. Good luck on the buck .

Howdy Adawg..... yes sir. Very sweet rifle indeed!!  Father in law gave that too me. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to afford it lol. He had a serious boating accident and fell out of his stand years ago and didn’t use it anymore. 

I had planned on making a trip somewhere to hunt morels but the  baby on the  put a hold on that. Also going on a bow hunt in North Missouri this November. ??? Guess the morels will have to wait. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess you're in close, with no optics lol. I use a Marlin 45-70 in thick crud. Have also cooked up frozen oysters, hericium, and blewits. Never know what the weather will give and need to take advantage of what's left. Must be nice to get out in Jan. Seasons done here in Dec. Have to wait for turkeys...and morels.

On 3/2/2018 at 6:00 PM, rob said:

Guess you're in close, with no optics lol. I use a Marlin 45-70 in thick crud. Have also cooked up frozen oysters, hericium, and blewits. Never know what the weather will give and need to take advantage of what's left. Must be nice to get out in Jan. Seasons done here in Dec. Have to wait for turkeys...and morels.

That’s on my list of guns to own. I just got back into bow hunting this year and I’m working on scent control, getting in real close , etc. No need for optics. Also it’s pretty thick where I hunt. 

On 2/17/2018 at 7:04 AM, Lori mcintire said:

Is there morels in Texas? Have never found any. Live 45 minutes from Dallas.

I’m really not sure. If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen post on Morels.com they do exist in NE Texas but very far and few in between. You’re best bet would be to check out the Texas Thread on Morels.com.