Hi I am new to the forum and gathering  mushrooms in general. I am located in the Florida panhandle and have lots of different types of mushrooms that drow in my yard at different times of the year. Here are some pictures of what I have growing now. Also my yard is full of pine trees and one live oak. Any information should be great. The red ones are brittle I believe to be russula. The bluish grey ones I'm not sure of. None have any "milk" so not indigo milk caps. Thank you.

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

The red one is, as you say Rckstr, a mushroom representing some species of Russula. Naming the species is another matter; lots of possibilities. Knowing whether the taste of the flesh is mild, somewhat bitter, or very acrid would narrow things down. (It's okay to taste and spit a tiny amount of Russula. Just have some water handy in case it's an acrid one.) There's probably a shorter list of red Russula species one would expect to find in FL as compared with those occurring across North America.

The bluish-gray ones represent a species of Lactarius --similar to but not the exact same species as L. indigo. The "milkies" with colorful latex often produce very little latex. (Old/dry ones may show virtually none.) In order to see the latex, slice the mushroom and gently press a piece of white paper against the cut flesh. In the case of the mushrooms seen here, the color of the latex is the key to the species ID. Dark purplish-red latex indicates the mushrooms are L. paradoxus http://www.mushroomexpert.com/lactarius_paradoxus.html. Pale yellowish/orangish latex indicates L. chelidonium http://www.mushroomexpert.com/lactarius_chelidonium_chelidonioides.html. I think yours are L. paradoxus, as this species is listed as occurring in FL with pine and/or live oak. 

3 hours ago, Dave W said:

L.

Thank you for the response. The bluish ones did stain a dark reddish color. I have a few more pictures of we another species growing in my yard any information would be great. They are growing under pines have "club foot" on the bottom, and a vail around the stem. They are wide speed throughout my yard. I've included photos of them in different stages of development. Thank you.

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

These mushrooms which each show an annulus on the stem (remains of partial veil) belong to some species of Amanita. Note the marginal striations seen on the cap surface... the mushroom you're holding. The combination of marginal striations and annulus strongly suggests "section Amanita" from subgenus Amanita. I am quite certain these Florida Amanitas represent a species that I haven't seen up here in PA. Here's a link to the Amanita Studies Website. http://www.amanitaceae.org/ . Her's another link, this one also is for the ASW, except in this case, specifically for section Amanita. http://www.tullabs.com/amanita/?section+Amanita . Amanita is a very large genus --containing some of the most poisonous mushrooms known. The many different species are divided between subgenera "Amanita" and "Lepidella". Subgenus Amanita is subdivided into sections Amanita, Caesareae, and Vaginatae. Subgenus Lepidella is subdivided into sections Lepidella, Amidella, Phalloideae, and Validae. 

I don't know the species seen here. But one similar northeastern NA species that comes to mind is A. crenulata http://www.tullabs.com/amanita/?Amanita+crenulata . 

Your pics are very good. In situ photos provide some information about growth habit and general appearance of the mushrooms in a natural setting. The posed photos are good because they show various different traits that provide clues to the ID. 

Thank you once again your I really enjoy your knowledge. I have a few more pics we found this morning my daughter and I on a walk. The first ones were found at the base of a oak tree. They are really firm and don't have visible gills until cut. The second pics were found under pine trees. They were all in clusters and seemed to curl upwards as they got older. Again any info is greatly enjoyed. 

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

I think the first mushroom (new ones) is Tricholoma caligatum. This name probably refers to several distinct species in NA (and elsewhere). At least one type found in western NA is considered to be a good edible. As far as I know, the eastern NA type(s) is/are very bitter tasting. Grows with oak or conifers. 

The second batch of mushrooms looks somewhat like Laccaria, except the gills are more decurrent (attachment runs down the stalk) than I'm used to seeing with mushrooms representing genus Laccaria. Maybe something else. Spore print color may be helpful here. 

I think you may be correct, diana. The cap surfaces don't remind me of Armillaria tabescens, but like you say, these appear to be old ones. The decurrent gills are a better match for A. tabescens than for (at least most) Laccaria.