Weird Morels in White Skirts

Lily

Black Morels dressed in white skirts ? What are these mushrooms? Have you ever seen them in your  neck of  the woods? 

These mushrooms wear long skirts, mini skirts in whit, pink and yellow. Mushrooms want to be fasion statement !  

5a0af7e28a540_.jpg.b0ee899cba78ec88e6fff1b230c18927.jpg

5a0afcca85025_.jpg.166dcdc0f92a5a287d8f694cbcf147c6.jpg

5a0afce5db404_.jpg.eb0adb07e7fcc3628ced9db8b8206956.jpg

5a0aff14312af_.thumb.jpg.b35da237e30131411bd2c54983c527b6.jpg

These beauties are not only delicious, but also a  Natural Aphrodisiac? ........

Hi! Matt, These pics are from Chinese blog and the mushrooms in the pics I know its Chinese name " 竹荪“. I don't know its  English name. This kinda mushrooms are appear in the southern mountainous region between the equator and 30 degrees north latitude, normally. There are many this kind mushroom growers in China. We can buy it from Chinese website. I'd like find the wild ones bu myself. Hope some day I can go back China going to Banboo forests find my own. 

14 hours ago, Dave W said:

Cool photos!

Definitely not morels. These are a type of stinkhorn, almost certainly the species Phallus indusiatus as Matt said. Here's the Wiki portrayal   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus_indusiatus

Thanks Dave. I like the name "veiled lady" .  Yes, It is from stinkhorn family. The cap smells a little bit stink. When we clean it, its caps has to be removed . I almost buy some from Chinese website. My brother told me that the most vendors use Sulfur smoked them very white, don't buy. When summer comes, he'll pick some for me. 

5a0c5e642bc4a_.jpg.89188c0968a255bbba3472247465b554.jpg

You tried the eggs, that is wonderful!  I never had this eggs before. But I saw this blog  http://blog.sciencenet.cn/blog-614989-920015.html  the guy who is the  blogger  cooked the eggs. His town is famous for cultivate this mushrooms. I had caesar's mushroom eggs, they are super good. 

I asked  myself why I didn't go mushroom hunting when I was in China?!  Now I'm fascinating in hunting "veiled lady" mushrooms in the banboo forests. Usually, we dug banboo shoots to make good dishes. Thanks Dave. Wish some day take you go back to China hunting mushrooms. My brother's city is famous for Russula griseocarnosa ( red mushrooms,  brittle gills ). Dave, if you copy "浦北县五黄岭 " google, there are  the moutains around my brother's city. 

竹笋.jpg

Thanks diana! I always loved the banboo forest. I can dig banboo shoots to make good meals; use banboo make all kinds of tools, furniture, and even Bamboo house...